One downside of working with circular saws is the huge amount of dust they generate while in use. And aside from the uneasiness and air pollution that comes with having the dust flying around your work, inhaling dust frequently can destroy your lungs. So, your best bet is to invest in a circular saw that comes with a dust collection apparatus.
Best Circular Saws with Dust Collectors : Our Top 10 Picks
To absorb the dust generated by circular saws, certain attachments such as bags or vacuum extractors are included with some models. In this post, we’d be looking at some of the best models that come with dust collection apparatus, so you don’t have to buy standalone parts for collecting dust.
We carefully scoured the market and compared some of the best circular saws with dust collectors, and here are our top picks based on power, durability, ease of use, brand reputation and buyer reviews.
1. Rockwell Compact Circular Saw with Dust Collector / Extractor
The RK3441K saw from Rockwell may look simple, but it has several amazing features. The first attraction to this saw is its 5-amp motor that delivers up to 3,500 rpm. Even though that seems small for a saw, it delivers excess power for this type of saw.
This saw can cut through several kinds of thin woods such as particle-board. The RK3441K weighs around 5 pounds, which makes it very light. It even feels lighter during use because of its efficient weight distribution. The saw has an inline grip that makes it very comfortable and gives you a lot of control during use.
Due to its ergonomic design, you enjoy a firmer handling and can make more precise cuts. You’d even find this saw easy to maneuver in tight spaces where other circular saws won’t fit.
The blade makes use of a kerf that is more slender than what you notice in other saws. This makes it easier to achieve neater cuts as well. But there is more to this feature. The thinness of the blade helps to avoid overheating of the blade which is common with compact saws. Another desirable feature is the position of the blade. It sits on the left side, making visibility easier so you can have better cuts.
Changing blades on the RK3441K is also easy because of the arbor-lock button. There’s a depth gauge lever that is easy to set. This allows you to set up the saw easily and adjust cutting when necessary.
This saw gives you very high performance. The saw has a superior cutting quality when you match the powerful motor with the cutting blade. You don’t need to exert much force when using the saw.
The weight distribution is another reason why this saw is a great investment. There is a balance between the weight on the handle and the motor. Because of this, you enjoy better handling which influences the quality of each cut. It is also easy to alter the angles of bevel cuts to about 45 degrees.
The RK3441K saw isn’t all perfect. One of the major setbacks it the location of the trigger. It is very far from the safety switch which isn’t too good for a circular saw. Also, the shoe of this saw seems a little flimsy since it has a slight wiggle in it. This has a negative impact on your cuts since it can result in fairly rough cuts.
It is even worse when you have to cut through hard wood. To salvage this situation, you need to add some firmness to your grip to keep the saw in line as you work.
The saw makes up for this by being very light and portable, making it easy to move around. It is great for DIY procedures and amateurs. The RK3441K is not costly and meets all the demands of a compact circular saw. Of course, it cannot do everything; however, it is efficient in its own right.
- Depth adjustment lever that allows for rapid adjustment
- Left-sided blade position for better visibility while cutting
- Built-in dust port to ensure a neater workspace
- 10 feet cord for more flexibility while working
- Very light and portable
- Not great for heavy jobs
- The position of the safety trigger seems quite off
- Not great for a left-handed person
- The saw shoe seems quite flimsy
2. Makita Dry Masonry Saw with Dust Extraction
The 4100KB 5-inch dry masonry saw from Makita is one of the most powerful on this list. Its 13-amp motor can deliver up to 12, 200 rpm. What this means is that you have more than enough power to cut through thin wood an even metal.
This saw also features a guard dust cover over the top. The cover is transparent to allow for better visibility while cutting. Asides the blades that come with the saw, this saw also accepts contour blades. For this reason, it is regarded as very versatile.
There is a guide rail and adapter attached to the 4100KB for optional usage. This is meant to provide guidance when cutting so that you can make clean and precise cuts. However, you have to buy both the guard rail and the adapter if you require them.
- Powerful 13 amp motor delivers 12, 200 RPM for the...
- Transparent upper guard dust cover for increased...
- High depth of cut capacity up to 1-9/16" at 90
Asides the precision and accuracy that you enjoy from the Makita 4100KB saw, the dust extraction port is a great addition. This feature is one of the things that make this saw special. It ensures that while you are cutting, almost all the dust from the process is cleared off. Because of this, you do not spend a long time cleaning up after working with the saw.
The feature enhances the convenience and safety of the user. The benefit of this is easier maintenance and minimal care of the saw.
The Makita 4100KB is very easy to maneuver because of its light weight and size. It is very portable and doesn’t take up much storage space. The only challenge is that this tool isn’t a one-size-fits-all. You cannot use it to make very deep cuts.
However, if what you need is a dry concrete saw requiring minimal cleanup and maintenance, then this saw ticks those boxes. It is one of the easiest saws to use in the market and it is also very accurate. The Makita 4100KB is a little pricey, but considering the features it presents, you can overlook this easily.
- Very compact and portable
- Sucks up dust from the cutting area as you work
- Compatible with an additional guard rail and adapter to give neater cuts
- Comfortable to use because of the ergonomic design
- Very powerful motor
- Averagely pricy
- Extra cost on buying the guard rail
3. Makita 5057KB 7 1/4-Inch Circular Saw with Dust Collector
The Makita 5057KB circular saw also features a 13-amp motor. This motor is strong enough to drive the blades to cut through 5-stacked siding boards at once. It can cut through Hardie plank as well as fiber-cement material. Let’s see what makes the Makita 5057KB saw tick.
The saw comes with a control level that serves as an additional guard. This lever helps to make the cutting process less stressful. It delivers different kinds of cuts at various angles between 0 degrees and 45 degrees. Along with this is a rip fence that ensures that you make accurate cuts when using the saw.
- Powerful 13 AMP motor delivers enough power to cut...
- Dust collector engineered to reduce the amount of...
- Guard is retractable for easier plunge cuts
One of the advantages of this saw is its key shaft. This feature allows you to replace the blade rapidly and with so much ease. The dust collection vessel attached to the saw ensures that your cutting area is clean while cutting. It sucks up all the dust from the process so that cleaning up afterward is a snap.
To ensure that the machine is durable, the saw comes with dustproof and bearing-switching. This saw is not all perfect; customers have a few complaints about making cuts with the saw. One of the challenges is that the position of the blade makes it difficult to monitor cuts when they are being made. Because of this, cuts may not be straight and neat.
Overall, the Makita 5057KB is very easy to use. It is portable and light and offers you a lot of convenience during use. This is probably why you may overlook its rather high cost when purchasing the saw.
- High performance
- Powerful motor
- Efficient and neat cuts
- Portable and comfortable
- Ergonomic design
- The blade’s position makes it difficult to follow a straight line
4. Makita Circular Saw for Fiber Cement
The Makita 5057KB for fiber cement is one of the best circular saws in the market with a dust collector. This saw has become quite popular for its performance on fiber cement and other materials. More than this, it has gained prominence for its efficient performance. You can use this saw to cut through high density fiber cement boards and different kinds of planks.
The Makita 5057KB saw for fiber cement comes with a rigid aluminum base that provides accuracy and excellent stability as you cut. It has a very powerful 13-amp motor that helps you to achieve very neat and accurate cuts. You can also make bevel angle cuts with this saw between 0 degrees and 45 degrees.
- OSHA Compliant (Rule 29 CFR 1926.1153), Table 1 of...
- Vacuum's powerful Makita-built motor delivers 127...
- Vacuum's powerful Makita-built motor delivers 74...
The saw was designed to cut through all kinds of hazardous materials while reducing the amount of dust released. It does this through the help of the dust vacuum. This vacuum can run for 65 minutes on a low setting and 30 minutes on a high setting. It runs on two 5.0Ah batteries even though they aren’t included. You’ll need to spend extra cash to purchase the batteries to enjoy this benefit.
Another benefit of the dust vacuum is that it ensures your work area remains clean all through the cutting process. It also protects the saw and ensures that you don’t spend too much time trying to clean up after work.
Overall, the Makita 5057KB saw for fiber cement is a great addition to any workshop. It comes with several features like a hex wrench for attaching and detaching blades; guide rule; and a rip fence. All of these will ensure that you have neat and proper cuts. The saw is lightweight, making it easy to handle and maneuver while cutting.
- Superior performance
- Dustproof switch and bearings
- A wide variety of bevel cut angles
- Retractable guard that ensures easier plunge cutting
- The position of the blade makes it difficult to cut in a straight line
5. Metabo HPT Circular Saw with Dust Blower Function
- 7 1/4" Circular Saw with 15 Amp Motor
- INCLUDES: C7UR circular saw, 7-1/4" 24T premium...
- POWER: 15 amp motor produces an impressive 6,800...
6. Hitachi Circular Saw with Integrated Dust Blower Function
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT....
- Blade speed of 6,000 RPM for smoother, faster,...
- Integrated dust blower for a clear line of sight...
7. SKILSAW Sidewinder Circular Saw for Fiber Cement
- Integrated dust collection system protects the...
- Cord and hose sleeve prevents snagging and marring
- Powerful 15-Amp Dual-Field motor that stays cool...
8. ROTORAZER Compact Circular Saw with Dust Collector
- LIGHT WEIGHT ELECTRIC MINI CIRCULAR SAW versatile,...
- CUT ANY TYPE OF MATERIAL from PVC, drywall, carpet...
- EASILY CUTS IN ANY DIRECTION - horizontally,...
9. DEWALT Cordless Circular Saw with 10 Tool Combo Kit for Your DIY Projects
- Dcd771 20 volt max Lithium Ion 1/2 In compact...
- Dcs381 20 volt max Lithium Ion reciprocating saw...
- Dcs393 20 volt max Lithium Ion circular saw with 6...
10. Dewalt Cordless Circular Saw
- Power - Brushless motor provides 5200RPM...
- Runtime - 330 crosscuts in 2x4 (pine)
- Capacity - 7-1/4 in. Blade provides 2-9/16 in....
11. Bosch Circular Saw
- Powerful 15-amp motor for fast, smooth cuts
- Adjustable bevel and depth levers for a variety of...
- Unobstructed cut line visibility for precision...
12. DEWALT Lightweight Circular Saw with Electric Brake
- Lightweight and compact 15A (Ampere) saw delivers...
- This product is manufactured in China
- Robust structural foam box with large interior...
13. SKILSAW Lightweight Worm Drive Circular Saw
- Lightest magnesium construction reduces user...
- Cut-ready depth of cut system helps with quick,...
- 53 bevel allows users to complete a wider variety...
14. XtremepowerUS Circular Saw with Extraction Dust Port
- The circular saw is lightweight and powerful...
- The double protection switch prevents the machine...
- Strong motor that delivers the power to cut...
Circular Saw with Dust Collector : Factors to Consider Before Buying
Before you can even purchase a circular saw, you need to know what it is. A circular saw can be corded or cordless and it is a tool that helps to make cuts on different materials. It achieves this aim using an abrasive or toothed disc or a round blade. With this out of the way, let’s look at the factors to watch out for.
Cordless or Corded
Cordless saws come handy when you don’t have access to power supply. They are also portable and compact, thereby making it easy for you to maneuver. It is easier to use cordless saws, especially if you are a novice, because there isn’t a restriction of the cord.
Corded saws, on the other hand, are sturdier and more durable. They also offer more power and efficiency. You can use them for longer periods without charging the unit. When you consider both, the condition of potential use should determine which one you will go for.
This is another important factor when choosing a saw. The kind of materials you cut will determine how much power you should go for. With more power comes quicker delivery, reliability, and a better all-round experience.
Having the right blade is key to getting the best from your circular saw. When considering the blade, you should check for the material used in making the blade. You should also consider the size of the blade and how easy it is to adjust.
Circular saws are handheld power tools. This means that you don’t need a saw that is too heavy if you want to be efficient with cuts. Ensure that the saw isn’t too heavy and that there is a balance in the weight between the motor and handle.
Your safety and that of others around you are very important when choosing a circular saw. Check the saw if it has the proper safety features and if such features are positioned properly. You want to be protected as much as possible when working. Look out for blade guards, ignition safety switches, and electric brakes.