If you are looking for a perfect smart lock for your home, there are some that you need to consider. We know it might be a difficult task for you to get a quality smart lock, but this post will sure save you stress and money.
So, without much ado, let’s check the lists of the top-rated smart locks you should consider for your home. Smart lock is not only a lock but also one kind of decoration of your Door.
Lots of design & colors are available on market, such as – Gold, Silver, Black, White, Brass, Satin Nickel, Chrome, Bronze etc.
Different Types of Smart Locks
- Smart Lock with Deadbolt
- Electronic Bluetooth with Biometric Fingerprint
- Keyless Entry Door Locks with Deadbolts
- IC Card
- Smart Doors Locks with Electric Deadbolt Touch Screen Keypads
- Auto Lock
- Working with Alexa and Google Home
- Remote Share
- APP Control, Code and eKey
- Keyless Entry Home with Your Smartphone from Anywhere
- Keyless Entry Door Lock- SMONET Smart Lock can...
- Smart Bluetooth Keypad Lock- Not only bring you...
- Customize Management - Sign in APP of Bluetooth...
Features you should keep in your eyes before buying A smart lock –
- Auto lock / Unlock
- Low battery alarm
- Back up battery
- Camera facilities
- Passage mode
- Alternate Entry option
- Guest keys
- Voice control
- Card unlock
- Key unlock
- Fingerprint unlock
- App unlock
- Code unlock
- American national Standards Institute [ANSI] / Builders’ Hardware Manufacturers Association [BHMA] Rating
- Wireless connectivity – WiFi, Bluetooth, Z-Wave and ZigBee
- Best fit on your door
You May Love to read this post about – Home & Office Security Padlocks
Keypad and Combination Smart Lock
Smart locks that have keypads are one you can consider for homes. These types of keypads require the use of a master passcode to unlock the door. Anyone that does not know or has the passcode can’t unlock the door.
Also, some do come with a touchscreen or touch button, which you can use to lock and unlock the door.
- Smart interface design
- Touch screen or keypad button
- Very easy to operate
- You can’t open if you forget the passkey
Garage Door Lock
The next one is a garage door lock. This type helps to prevent anyone from having access to your garage easily. Anyone that does not have the pass will find it hard to go into your garage.
Some even come with notification alarm to inform you of all activities going on in your garage.
- Prevents anyone from having access to your home
- Easy to use
- It is easy to bypass
WiFi Smart Lock
The other type of lock for the home is known as WiFi smart lock. This type of lock is proof that technology is advancing because you do not have to touch the door before you get it closed or opened.
All you have to do is control from your mobile device or any controlling device, and the command tone will set the door to do whatever it’s instructed to do.
- You don’t need to touch to lock
- Smooth operation
- Very hard for anyone to bypass
- Less effective without strong network
Bluetooth Smart Lock
This is similar to the use of a WiFi lock system. The door will have a wireless device that has to be paired with another controlling device.
So, from the device, you can control the door to open and close as long as the two devices have been paired together.
- A great option to Wifi
- Very easy to pair with mobile devices
- Strong and difficult to bypass
- It can’t work unless it is paired with a compatible device
Key Fob Styled Smart Lock
Some locking device has all the whole locking system in one. This type requires the use of a key fob to open and close the door. This works just like your car key. When you press lock, the door will get locked, and when you press unlock, it will open easily.
- KEYLESS ENTRY DOOR LOCK: Unlock via Fingerprint ,...
- NEED TWO HOLES: Installation requires the upper...
- CONVENIENT SMART LIFE: Share the Timed, Permanent,...
So, if you want to open the door, you just need to take the key closer to the device as it works with a sensor. Press any button to tell the lock device what to do. With this device, you need to ensure you don’t lose the key else it will be hard to unlock your door.
- It is smart in its design and operation
- Very easy to use
- Anyone with the key can unlock and lock the door
Hope this Mul-T-Lock DeadBolt article will help You.
FingerPrint Smart Lock
Another smart lock you can consider is a smart fingerprint lock. This is the smartest we can always refer to.
If you do not have access, you can’t get into the house. So, this is the type that is used for homes with classified information.
- Great security
- Very hard to bypass
- Great for homes and secured places
App Function –
- Touch to unlock
- Send eKey
- Generate / send password
- eKeys management
- Passcodes / Password management
- IC cards / Card management
- Fingerprints management
- Authorized admin
- View unlock record
- System settings
Where’s basically Smart Lock Used – Suitable for multiple scenarios
- Home / Apartment Front Door,
- Bedroom Door,
- Shop / Office Door,
- Garage Door,
- Weapon / Gun Safe Box,
- Anti Theft Safe Box,
- Bike Lock etc.
Which are popular smart lock brands –
Smart Door Lock With Camera to see who is in-front of your door
Bike Safety Smart Lock to protect your bike from theft
Weapon / Gun Safe Smart Lock to protect your gun or any weapon
Smart Safe Box to protect passport, keys, important papers, pendrives, memory cards, gun, money etc.
Why need a smart lock ? For Convenience, Simplicity, Improve your door decor, Improve securities, Streamlined authentication guest access, Communicate with visitors.
If you are looking for any kind of smart lock you can use in your house, we have got you covered on this page. We have the lists of the locks you should consider above.