Best Fluke Multimeter For Electronics –
- 1. Fluke 279 FC True-RMS Thermal Multimeter Review
- 2. Fluke 279 FC Digital Multimeter with Built In Thermal Imager with Iflex Review
#1. Fluke 279 FC Wireless TRMS Thermal Multimeter Review
The Fluke 279 FC Wireless TRMS Thermal Multimeter is one of the great multimeters you can invest your money on because it is of high quality.
It comes with a built-in thermal imager, and you will love that it is a full-featured multimeter.
You can carry out various measurements with this multimeter, thanks to the 15 measurement functions. You can measure DC voltage, resistance continuity, and plenty of other electronic measurements.
If you want to catch electrical issues on time, you will have yourself a great multimeter in the Fluke 279 FC Wireless TRMS Thermal Multimeter to get it done.
The IFlex functionality will broaden your measurement capabilities by allowing you to get into very tight places when taking the measurement.
- Full-featured multimeter with built-in thermal...
- 15 measurement functions including: AC voltage...
- Thermal imaging reveals many electrical issues...
- Fluke 279FC Wireless TRMS Thermal Multimeter comes with a built-in thermal imager that helps to give broad views to plenty of electrical issues. With this function, you will work faster and smarter as you won’t have any reasons to be wasting time on testing for validation.
- The Fluke 279FC Wireless TRMS Thermal Multimeter comes with wireless connectivity called fluke connect compatible. It helps to keep images and measurement safe by communicating with your smartphone. The transmission can go as far as 20feet with no obstructions on the path of the transmission.
- The IFlex feature is another exciting feature that helps the operator to increase measurement capabilities by helping to get into tight corners. It measures current up to 2500 A AC.
- The Fluke 279FC Wireless TRMS Thermal Multimeter comes with a rechargeable lithium battery that is strong enough to last for about 10 hours plus when used under a reasonable condition.
- The Fluke 279FC Wireless TRMS Thermal Multimeter has a design that automatically shuts it down when not in use for a long time. This helps the multimeter to conserve battery.
- In terms of the display, you can bank on the crisp display that comes with the Fluke 279FC Wireless TRMS Thermal Multimeter. It comes with an 80 x 60 image resolution.
- The Fluke 279FC Wireless TRMS Thermal Multimeter comes with expanded functionality, and you will enjoy using it for various measurements.
- The color display of the screen is absolutely genius in terms of its design. It displays clear and crisp images and readings which helps to aid your productivity.
- Fluke cat 4 multimeter / fluke cat iv
- It takes records remotely, thanks to the fluke connect functionality
- Also, you will love the center point infrared imaging that comes with the device
- The battery power is pretty great and powerful
- The amperage range is high, and it comes with a separate tool
- Heightened accuracy measurement on multimeter ranges.
- It comes with one of the best resolutions in the market.
- The charging system of the battery is somewhat awkward.
- The probe lead should be better than it is
- It does not come with inboard amps range
- It is costly
- It does not by itself display saved infrared images, meaning you will need to have it uploaded to your mobile phone or PC.
Why buy it?
The Fluke 279FC Wireless TRMS Thermal Multimeter is one of the best in the business, and you will love it. However, it is not without its faults, but we can assure that buying this device will give you a wide range of productivity time.
The fact that it is reliable in terms of accuracy and measurement range makes it a must-buy for electronics professionals. It comes with lots of bonus features that you will find useful in the long run. Buying this multimeter means you have chosen delivery of excellence when working.
#2. Fluke 279 FC Digital Multimeter with Iflex Review
The Fluke 279 FC Digital Multimeter with Built-In Thermal Imager with Iflex is a superb multimeter with a range of functions. It is versatile and will carry out a lot of electrical measurements with profound accuracy attached. You will have everything you’ve ever wanted in a multimeter with this particular version and you will love it.
The various types of functions like the IFlex, Thermal imager, and many other features are why the Fluke 279 FC Digital Multimeter with Built-In Thermal Imager with Iflex is a masterpiece.
Additionally, the manufacturing materials and every of the design is topnotch. It isn’t the type of multimeter that is made for the professionals only as newbies and professionals can use it.
Overall, this is an excellent digital multimeter, and you will love that it makes your work faster.
- Full-featured Multimeter with built-in thermal...
- 15 measurement Functions including: AC Voltage...
- Thermal imaging reveals many electrical issues...
- The Fluke 279FC Digital Multimeter with Built-In Thermal Imager with Iflex comes with the IFlex technology that allows you to pick measurements in tight places or hard to reach areas. The IFlex measures up to 2500 a AC. This technology also affords you better productivity as you won’t have to stress to dismantle hard to reach places before measurements.
- Additionally, the Fluke connects compatible is another crucial fascinating feature of the Fluke 279FC Digital Multimeter with Built-In Thermal Imager with Iflex. The fluke connect is useful for having images and measurements saved through wireless communication. It also makes it easy to access various saved readings with the help of your mobile phone. Furthermore, this feature can go as far as 20 feet without any form of obstruction.
- Thermal imaging is a big plus to whoever gets to operate this one of a kind multimeter. This is because the thermal imaging will save you a lot of stress, time, and will allow you to be productive with your measurements. The thermal imaging helps to pick up electrical issues in time without the need for validation and testing to point out the problem.
- The durability that is offered by this digital multimeter is one of a kind as it comes with double insulation and a raised rubber holster that gives maximum protection to the user of the multimeter. Also, this multimeter can withstand a fall from about 3 meters without getting scathed.
- It comes with an automatic power-off feature allowing it to keep the battery lasting for about 10 hours.
- Finally, it comes with CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V measurement category.
- The Excellent battery power makes this device very good for various measurements as it has a battery that lasts for about ten hours after a full charge.
- Cat iv 1000v multimeter
- Additionally, the fact that it detects problems so fast makes it a decent multimeter to have for anyone.
- It comes with a great design that allows it to withstand harsh and rugged usage.
- The wireless communication with your smartphone or PC is also a significant advantage that allows you to save readings and measurements on your phone.
- It has expanded functionality that will allow you to take various electrical measurements.
- The system requires a smartphone or PC to view saved images.
- It has an awkward mode of charging.
- It is pricey
- No inboard amp range
Why buy it?
Buying a quality multimeter spells a lot of positives for you, and that is why you should go for this particular multimeter. It comes with a lot of positives, and this defeats any form of issues that might come with the system. Hence, it is a good buy and you will love working with it.
Difference between FLUKE 279 FC/IFLEX TRMS Thermal Multimeter vs FLUKE 279 FC/IFLEX TRMS Thermal Multimeter
All Images Collected From – Amazon
How We Picked – Fluke 279FC Multimeter : The Best Fluke Multimeter For Electronics Work
Before buying a multimeter, you need to have an idea about the most important things to look out for before making the decision to choose just any multimeter. Doing this will save you from a lot of unnecessary stress and money.
Below are a few things to consider –
What this feature brings is superb adjustment making your work free from errors. It does this by automatically adjusting the multimeter to the corresponding range that is being measured. The advantage of the auto-range feature is that it saves you time by making it faster to finish your test.
Digital multimeters come with an inbuilt oscilloscope that helps to record readings. What makes this feature important is that it allows for proper tracking of recordings for a particular range. Additionally, having these records will be helpful when searching for malfunction signs in a device.
- Backlight display
The backlight display is an essential feature that should not be overlooked. Once you have a clear display, you will have clear access to the measurement. Hence, taking readings in a dark place will be easier and your work will be free from errors.
- Display Rate
What the display rate function does is to tell you how fast it takes the display of the multimeter to refresh. A faster display rate will deliver a precise reading. Hence it is a very important function.
- Hold function
The hold function stops the screen from changing from switching to the next display. The hold function is helpful when you are trying to take notes of your readings.